We are currently seeking to appoint an experienced and enthusiastic Senior Ecologist to join our vibrant and expanding ecology team, based in the west of Ireland. The post holder will support the ongoing development of our ecological portfolio, successfully delivering projects across a wide range of sectors throughout Ireland.
The successful candidate will, amongst other things, be responsible for:
- Providing expert ecological input into a range of projects;
- Organising, programming, scheduling and undertaking site surveys and other fieldwork, for a range of priority species and a wide variety of habitat types, utilising appropriate Best Practice survey techniques;
- Ensuring compliance with Health and Safety policies, including the preparation and oversight of RAMS and Daily Job Safety Plans;
- Undertaking Preliminary Ecological Appraisals (PEA), ecological impact assessments (EcIAs) and drafting Biodiversity chapters for Environmental Impact Assessments (EIAs) to established standards of Best Practice;
- Undertaking Appropriate Assessment reporting fully in line with the most recent Guidance and Case Law;
- Writing and reviewing technical reports, scientific papers and other outputs;
- Inputting into the design of suitable mitigation and Species and Habitat Management Plans;
- Supporting and advising on project proposals and quotations;
- Management of budgets and deadlines for projects;
- Supporting and developing a coherent Ecology Team, including managing and mentoring junior staff and collaborating with colleagues;
- Client liaison and positively engaging with regulators and stakeholders;
- Enhancing, developing and ensuring adherence to in-house Quality Assurance and other Procedures;
- Act as an expert witness when required.
Candidates need to have a post-graduate qualification to at least MSc level (or equivalent) in an ecological (or related) discipline with a minimum of six years post-graduate experience working in an environmental consultancy. The ideal candidate will also have a track record in ecological survey and assessment, preferably gained from within an environmental consultancy, and they will be a full member of CIEEM. Prospective candidates must also be able to access remote project sites, so a full Irish (or equivalent) driving license is required, as well as good levels of physical fitness. Previous expert witness testimony and a track record of peer-reviewed scientific publications are preferred. Please outline same in reply.
How to apply
To apply please send your CV with a cover letter to email@example.com